Only about 10 percent of American’s do not use the internet, according to a Pew Research Study. This means that many people spend their daily lives scrolling through the internet searching for news, working, surfing social media, or doing some online shopping.
Marketers know how important it is to have a website that is generating traffic, but do you? Are you still relying on word-of-mouth only? Or, have you joined the world of online marketing?
Let’s look at some fun facts about both:
Online Marketing Tools:
- SEO (search engine optimization)
- SEM (search engine marketing)
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Marketing (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, etc.)
- PPC (Pay per click)
- Affiliate Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Blogs influence people 63 percent more than newspapers do
- Websites that blog more than 15 times per month generate more traffic than those that don’t
- Blogs that have pics are 94 percent more likely to get views
- Landing pages with video have a high conversion rate at 86 percent
- Social media has 1.7 billion active users across multiple platforms
Online Marketing Tools:
- Know your audience and how to target them
- Get the most out of your website
- Use Google ads and Google analytics
- Create content, but keep it fresh
- Use backlinks
- Make your website responsive
- Use website pop-ups
- Generate email marketing and email automation
- Offer incentives
- Referral Programs
- Crowdsource Feedback
- UGC (User-Generated Content)
- Advertisements are not believed by 75 percent of people, but 92 percent of people will buy a product their friends have recommended.
- Review or ratings draw in 63 percent more visitors
- 86 percent of millennials claim that UGC is a good indicator for quality when it comes to service and products
- 40 percent of people have bought a product that was used by an influencer on a social media platform
- Nielson reports
- Case studies
- Reward programs
- Excellent customer service
- Message forums
- Brand mentions
Both online marketing and word-of-mouth have elements that can cross over, but there are certain things that only each one can provide. That is why it is a good thing to have a little mixture of both when it comes to your business. However, online marketing greatly influences that amount of traffic over word-of-mouth. The reason for this is because online marketing allows a person to see a picture or a video and fantasize about owning a product or using a service. It’s captivating.
Word-of-mouth doesn’t always relay the visual effect. Without that visualization, a large number of people will be less interested. Marketing as a whole is all about generating enough emotion to get a person to buy what you are selling. That is hard to do with words alone.
To find the best path for your business, try tools from both sections. You will easily start to see which one works best for you. But, in the end, there is no doubt about it, the internet is working hard at bringing you new traffic.
Contact the team at CosMarketing Agency TODAY!
We work with small to mid sized business to help them achieve success.
We help customers get sales with creative and engaging online marketing! Call us at 407 334 9378 or email us at CosMarketingAgency@gmail.com