It’s the question on most people’s mind, “How do I get word out about my business?” It’s a known fact that word of mouth is the best approach to a successful business. Therefore, if you want success, you’ve got to get people talking about you. It all boils down to having a good public relations strategy.
So let’s start with some basic public relations tips:
- Deliver a great product/service – The best way to get people talking about your business is to deliver a great product/ service that works. If you can’t provide your customers with what’s been advertised, people will still be talking about your business but in a negative way.
- Connect with customers on social media – Twitter, Facebook and Instagram are all popular platforms for delivering top-notch feedback to clients in real time. But if you want to really make an impression, make sure you have a LinkedIn profile. Social media helps customers to connect with businesses and it is the word of mouth approach used most effectively for businesses today.
- Do your homework – Setting up a business, gaining customers and supplying orders is only half of running a successful business. If you want true success, stay up-to-date with the latest trends in your industry. To do this, you can set up Google Alerts or Twitter Mentions (both free options). You can also find the latest industry influencers and stay up-to-date with what they are doing. Stay trending, my friends.
- Continue to network – Networking is so important to any business because it’s not just about who you are talking to it’s also about who those people are talking to, about you.
- Know that PR and advertising are not the same things – Advertising requires money but PR can be created using no funds at all. PR is the connection between an audience and building awareness. When you use a sponsored post on Instagram you’re advertising but when your business receives a review after a customer has been sent a product to use, that’s PR. Sending press releases, being quoted or featured in a magazine or appearing in a talk show are also forms of PR.
- You can get good PR on a low budget – There are PR consultants who will work within your budget, even if that means they will consult you on how to run a PR campaign on your own. If funds are still too tight for that, you can reach out to media contacts or reporters and eventually, someone will respond to you.
- Create a blog – The best way to create a PR campaign for your business is to start a blog. Blogs do not become successful overnight and it’s important to connect on social media to make sure your blog posts have a platform to get noticed.
There are so many great options when talking about PR for your business, some are really expensive and some are free but all will help to generate more traffic while also creating brand awareness.
Our team offers a variety of services from social media, SEO, to search engine optimization, and more!
Contact us today for a free assessment of your business and see which of our services are right for you.