Twitter was first created in 2006 and today, there are more than 1.3 billion accounts that have been created. With 500 million tweets being sent each day (that’s 6,000 tweets per second), can you really afford not to be mentioned in them?
Twitter is one of the most influential and popular social media websites in the world. If you don’t have one, what’s stopping you? If you do have one, here’s how to get more out of it.
8 Effective Strategies for Building Your Brand on Twitter:
Revamp Your Profile
- Just like every closet needs the occasional de-cluttering, your profile needs some cleaning up to. Important things to add to your profile:
- Profile Image- This needs to be something that is strong, but really makes viewers interested in learning more.
- Biography- People really do read a person’s bio and if yours is lacking, it will cause people to flee. Use important keywords so that your profile will be picked up by search engines and on Twitter highlights.
- Header Image- Again, you want to have a strong presence here, but it’s also important to give your viewers something that will interest them just enough to continue to come back.
Always Be Tweeting
If you are not tweeting, you are losing business and you are also being swallowed up by those 6,000 tweets per second. You can:
- Ask questions
- Ask polls
- Use blog posts
- Create live videos
- Announce events
- Use GIFS
- Capture and share Twitter Moments
Your followers want to hear what you have to say and that’s why people like Taylor Swift, run Twitter. To stay engaged, always like, retweet or comment on other people’s tweets. To stay engaged, try these tips:
- Look up/follow hashtags
- Joining a Twitter chat
- Watch trending topics
- Pin Your Posts
Pinning important posts to the top of your profile is a very effective strategy for getting more people to view what you want them to first, verses having to scroll through your profile.
As a way to keep yourself engaged, participate in Twitter chats. You can engage with your target audience and build brand influence as well.
Do You Know About Twitter Lists?
Twitter lists are used to group together users and cut through timeline clutter. They can help you to build your following while also maintaining social media relationships.
Visuals Are Important
If your profile has nothing but a bunch of text, no one wants to see it! People love visuals. Images, live videos, ads, etc., people want to see what you have to offer visually. Always make sure visuals have:
- The right colors
- Specific filters
- Engaging qualities
Use Those Hashtags
In case you don’t know, hashtags are the most important moving factor in social media. Without them, how are people going to find you? Do some research. Find out what tags are going to help you profile to get the most followers. Using an over-saturated hashtag might sound like a safe option, but also use hashtags that will help your profile to stand out.
Social media isn’t going anywhere and in fact, it’s only become more efficient for people to collaborate, share interests, run a business and network. Today’s Twitter isn’t the same as it was in 2006, it’s advanced since then and will continue to do so. Make sure you keep up with the trends so your business will flourish too.